Differentiation - Content
Content can be described as the knowledge, skills and attitudes we want children to learn. Differentiating content requires that students are pre-tested so the teacher can identify the students who do not require direct instruction. Students can access the content in various media which may speak to their learning styles i.e. auditory, visual.... etc. Another way to differentiate content is simply to permit the apt student to accelerate their rate of progress. They can work ahead independently on some projects, i.e. they cover the content faster than their peers.
- Create: Teachers create multimedia presentations with interactive features such as quizzes, videos, polls, sketching tools, and more. There are also resources from fellow educators.
- Engage: Teachers use the Nearpod Teacher app to share content with their students and manage the flow of the learning. Students use their student Nearpo app to receive curricular content, participate in activities and submit responses
- Assess: Teachers can see students’ answers in real time on the Nearpod Teacher app. and save results.
- Great tutorial for creating lessons. Use this site for converting videos.
- Flipping with Nearpod
- Listen to a Webinar to get started with Nearpod. Go to Nearpod.com to check for live webinars - highly recommended!
- Allows students to participate in any class where the teacher uses Nearpod as a presentation, assessment and collaboration tool.
- Teachers use the Nearpod Teacher iPad app to share content with their students and manage the flow of the learning.
- Students use the Nearpod Student app on their iOS devices to receive curricular content, participate in activities and submit responses
- Students can actively participate in multimedia classroom learning and get immediate feedback from the teacher
- Flash browsing support- Photon Browser allows you to play Flash games, use Flash apps, listen to music streamed via Flash player and watch Flash video.
- Open this browser like you would use Safari: search for the site you wish to use, bookmark sites and click on the lightening bolt icon to stream the flash-based videos and/or animations.
- Can share using a class email account
- Creates multiple pages for screen casting
- Records and draws to create a video tutorial
- Must record audio to save a lesson
- Can upload PDF's into
- Uploads to your Educreation account public link to share
- Great student example!
- Watch a video tutorial.
- Read QR Codes using your i-nigma and your camera to quickly access resources.
- Pair this with Kaywa to generate QR Codes
- Try National Geographic videos for great inquiry content.
- Use Wonderopolis.org to make QR codes for great videos if YouTube is open to use in your school. See this activity for a primary literacy center.
- See search results and websites side-by-side to quickly browse pages and results
- Compare search results as webpage snapshots in Instant Previews mode
- Revisit past searches with Visual Search History
- Fast access to Google apps like Gmail, Calendar, Docs and more
- Offers complete redesign for iPhone (May, 2012)
- Quick notes to learn more
- Streamline your browsing with history grouped by visit date
- Bookmarks individual sections within an entry
- Table of contents browser that knows where you are in the page
- Can save images to the Photo library
- Provides interactive font resizing
- To scroll to the top of a Wikipedia entry, hit the title bar at the top of the iPad's screen (this works in Safari too).
- a great student research tool as it reads like a book
- Combines relevant images, videos, infographics and narration to describe millions of topics
- Specifically designed for mobile devices
- provides audio output
- provides links to other related Qwikis
- Created in cooperation with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, this app provides a virtual passport to the hundreds of sites that constitute the world’s collective cultural and natural human legacy.
- Explore the world with Smart Tags, Smart Previews, Search boxes and Interactive Maps.
- Shaking your device may be the fastest way to travel the world!